ABOUT ALL SAINTS
We're on a mission
We aim to be the focus for an inclusive Christian intergenerational family that worships God joyfully each day of our lives, while serving God in our community. As a church we work to remove any barriers that might stop people coming to church, we really do try and welcome everyone.
As a community we love to pray together in faith and play together in fellowship. We care about family life and people in need. We share our resources of time, ability and wealth and share our hope in Jesus, growing in discipleship, responsibility and love of God who has been revealed to us by His Son, Jesus.
We've got a top notch team!
Building Project lead
‘The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it on the seas and established it on the waters.’ Psalm 24:1-2
As a church, we recognise the catastrophic effects of climate change on the planet, wildlife and on our fellow human beings around the world. We recognise that we need to take responsibility for our part in this.
These are some of the steps All Saints are taking towards caring for all of God’s creation:
- We hold a monthly Eco prayer and discussion meeting
- We are working towards transforming our green space into a more wildlife friendly area
- We are working with others across the Deanery, and in the community who care for creation
- We have joined the Ecochurch project and in working towards gaining a silver award, we aim to be more energy efficient and sustainable.
- We embrace through teaching, discussion and prayer, the 5th mark of mission: to strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
Our Church School
St. John's Church of England Primary School
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
St. John's is All Saints' church school and the link between the school and the church is a partnership in community life and ministry. Our vicar is a foundation governor, a chaplain, leads collective worship, and supports the school in lots of other ways too.
At the last OFSTED inspection we were delighted to receive a GOOD (Nov 2018) with OUTSTANDING Early Years. You can read the report here.
We also had a SIAMS inspection which is the Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools, and you can read the report here.
St. John's is a bright, fun, loving, caring school with the children at the absolute heart of everything the school. The children embody these qualities beautifully, and it is a joy to be a part of the community.
You can visit their website here.